Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Big Boy On Board!

We got to take Jude to the Puyallup Fair for his Birthday yesterday.  His party is on Saturday but we decided we still wanted to do something special on the actual date.  Besides which, we also wanted to take him to the fair, so it worked out really well.  We got him the dizzy pass so he could ride as many rides as he wanted to, and he rode almost all the ones he was big enough to go on (all by himself). Motorcycles, boats, alligators, firetrucks, dump trucks, airplanes, rocket ships, kayaks, and of course the carousel.  He never got scared, never looked worried, and just kept asking for more.  I have to admit, I was concerned he would freak out at first.  He's always been a cautious kid, at least in comparison to other kids his age, but not this time.  We did go ahead and save the roller coaster for next year though, lol, despite his pleas.  I wasn't keen on testing his gag reflexes this year.  I was so proud of him, being such a big boy.  It was such a treat to get to watch him having so much fun.




On the paci front; yesterday morning I secretly cut the tips off his last two pacis and when he discovered this I just told him that's what happens when you turn three.  Pacis just get holes in them.  He didn't try to use them again all day.  When we put him to bed, all half delusional with exhaustion after the fair, he asked for it and I gave it to him.  I thought he would spit it out but he surprised me by taking it... a little begrudgingly.  It wasn't in his mouth when he woke up this morning though and he hasn't had one all day.  I cut a little more off of to see how he handles it tonight.  I figure a few nights of this will work better than straight cold turkey.  He hasn't even asked for one all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment