Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shock and Awe

I have I mentioned how supremely awesome Jude is?  I haven't?  Well, he is.  He is one of the coolest little people I've ever met.  And I'm not just saying that because he's my son, I mean, I can't deny that I am biased because of it, but truly, you'll see.  Give it some time and his pure awesomeness is going to come shining through in my tales of life with him around.

Take last night for example, and today, the two, combined.  Last night I was pulled out of bed by an upset "Momma?" after only a few gentle coughs.  Those few gentle coughs preceded a lot of vomit.  Poor little dude had no idea what to think, this is the first time, aside from one gag reflex spew about a year ago, that he's ever vomited.  He's a healthy boy, and we're lucky.  Anyway, throw-up, all over her blanket and wubbie (THE blanket and wubb) and on him.  I pick him up and take him into the bathroom, to discover he was still holding some of it in his mouth (totally gag worthy, I know) because he didn't know what to do with it.  I had him spit it out, and gave him some water, cleaned him up then put him in bed with Papa so I could clean up the mess in his bed.

That done I cuddled him for a bit to see if he was okay (no fever, no crying, no nothing, he was totally fine), then put him back to bed.  About ten mins later I here "Momma, coughing" so I run in there to check... nope... wait... and there it is.  This time I caught most of it in a towel.  Although somehow he managed to get it in his hair.  I ran a bath, cleaned him up, cleaned up the bed again, checked him out, gave him some Pepto and then back to bed.  I stayed up a bit to make sure he fell asleep with no more discomfort or worry.  By the way, this all started somewhere around 3:00 a.m. and ended around 4:30 a.m.  I got up to check on him again at 7:00 a.m. and then he was up at 8:45... I do NOT function well on lack of sleep.  Not one bit.  Today was rough.

The point of all of this is to emphasize how after all of that, he was the sweetest and happiest little boy today.  We even got around to "playing pictures" which is what I call working on some stock photography (and I have no desire to explain all that right now), and he was all about it.


Not only was he willing, he was his usual goofy, playful, highly photogenic little self.  Oh, and that little black thing in his hand?  That's my camera remote.  He likes to take the pictures himself.  Yeah, that's my boy.  Radness for so many reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment