Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Heavy Heart

Give sorrow words; the grief that does not speak whispers the o'er-fraught heart and bids it break.  ~William Shakespeare

For the baby girl my brother and his family lost today; we didn't know her in life but her absence is still felt.  I don't want to take away from their pain, and I needed to express my sorrow, so I lay it here in the black and white of the printed word.


I can't imagine losing a child, not in any capacity.  The very nature of our relationships is one of expecting to have them outlive you.  They become your heart personified, life without which feels impossible.  I've known quite a few friends who have had to deal with such a loss, always prior to birth... this is the closest I've ever been to it though.  My niece, with the cutest little profile.  She would have been in her mother's arms in less than two weeks.  God, it sucks.  It sucks so much.

I'm glad that they have their faith to see them through this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment