Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

All You Need Is Love

I can't even begin to describe the immense amount of love and pride I have for my son and his ability to empathize with others.  Yesterday we visited with a couple of dear friends and unfortunately their kitty was dying of old age (he passed last night).  Naturally his mommy was upset and after checking on the poor meow came out into the living room wiping away tears.  Jude saw her, asked me where his blanket was and when I gave it to him proceeded to walk over and give it to her.  He recognized that she was sad, thought about what helps him feel better when he's sad, and then acted without hesitation.

Moments like that really reinforce my belief that we're doing well by our son.  He's growing into such an amazing person and he's not yet three.


“Compassion is not religious business, it is human business, it is not luxury, it is essential for our own peace and mental stability, it is essential for human survival.” - Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment