Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Even when it's white...

Totally teaching this to Jude.

White Lie

By Zachary Pincus-Roth (Writers' assistant on the show "Lie To Me")

I say I'm 10 when I'm 9 and a half
My uncle tells a joke and I try to laugh
In gym I fake a headache when I want to quit
I say I love the sweater that my grandma knit


But that's a white lie
(white lie)
That's the kind you want to tell
a white lie
(a white lie)
So your mom won't have to yell
a white lie
(a white lie)
Everybody does it cause it feels alright and it's more polite
But a lie's still a lie even when it's white


I pretend I'm asleep when my dad walks in
I said I ate my chicken but I just ate the skin
Your face can say you're lying
and your mouth says you're not
Your pants are on fire
but they're not too hot
When it's a white lie
(white lie)


It's the kind you want to tell
a white lie
So your dad won't have to yell
a white lie
(white lie)
Everybody does it cause it feels alright and it's more polite
but a lie's still a lie even when it's white


While it might be hard, to say what's true,
would you want a white lie told to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment