Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Party like it's your Birthday!

Jude's birthday is fast approaching.  I love planning his parties.  LOVE.  I have all these ideas and trust me, if I wasn't limited in cash, you'd be seeing some serious Tori Spelling action going on.  As it is I start planning and buying just after the current party is over for the following year.  Yup, I'm a planner, I'm a Virgo, it's in my soul.

This year we're doing a robot theme.  I have all these cute plates and tags for gift bags that are custom made with Jude's info on them.  We've got his robot toys corralled to be used as decor (and I may be running to VV to see if they have any cheap additions to pick up).  I'm making cake-pops in the shape of robot heads... I think... we'll see where my patience lies when it comes time.  They're so super yummy though I can't imagine not making them for my boy.  We'll also do a small cake for him, for the candles.  Robots are nice and square so cakes are easy.

You know what's no easy?  A square pinata.  Well, let me rephrase that, it's not hard, it's just you have to get a little more creative.  I didn't care fully for any of the instructions I found; the results weren't exactly what I wanted, so I sort of mixed them up.  I think I'm going to have great success on this project.  I feel good about it.  The steps make sense to me, although the real test will be if it's too easy or not easy enough for the kiddos to break into.  I'll take pictures of the steps and post them so that anyone else interested can see how I did it.

I'm feeling all crafty and in mommy mode right now.  Love it.

I think we may make a robot costume too, for Jude, just for fun for the party.  Boxes are easy to come by, so it silver spray paint.  Alana and Dylan made some for their baby shower a few months back and they were super cute.

Ekk, excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment