Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sweet Boy

I love hearing the stuff that comes out of my son's mouth.  Seriously, he's hilarious and cute and smart and his choices in speech crack me up.  For example, he tells me today, "We're not pirates, we are a family."  Just like that.  Just yesterday he says to me "I love you Mama, and I love Papa, and we are a family."  He's very focused on the family thing lately.

He has also taken to saying "I not like your options, Mama, I like my options,"  meaning he doesn't like the ones I'm giving him but rather the ones he has in mind.

He even told me I was a clever Mama the other day.  Clever.  How awesome is that?  He also never hesitates to offer praise in general.  I think that's important.

Oh, and he's such a sweet boy.  the other day when he saw his cousin upset over having to leave and go somewhere he didn't want to go (and was just bawling, poor thing) he kept saying "I not want him to leave.  He's upset.  I not want him to leave."  Simply because he saw how upset he was.  It held no bearing for him, we were headed out ourselves.  He just didn't want to see his cousin unhappy.

I truly hope these traits stick around as he grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment