Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bright Star

Oh my.  I'm sitting here, in a quiet apt, crying like a baby, at the simple joy of another's new life.  Some times it seems like mere seconds ago we welcomed our own little boy into this world, and at others it feels like forever...

It races by.

Times stands still.

You feel cheated.

You feel so blessed.

Parenthood is such a contradiction in terms.  It makes you feel capable of anything and yet horribly vulnerable at the same time.  It's a miracle and it's chemistry.  It's visceral and beautiful.  It's blood and it's guts and it's tears and it's the most wonderful, magical, all encompassing supper awesome fantastic... THING... ever.

You're rendered speechless but want to tell everyone you've ever met how much you love and cherish their life.  It's weird.

I love it.

To this day I can't imagine anything smelling better than my baby's head.  I can't imagine life without that smell.  It's instinctual.

Did you know that the only plea of insanity as a defense for a criminal act that will still hold up in court is the "mama bear" defense?  Think about that for a second.  Take it in.  Yup.  I believe it.

So random, I know, but I'm damn near delirious with exhaustion.

In summation.  The new life that has been welcomed into this world on Dec 4th 2011, by my (our) dear friends (I will omit names simply for politics sake) is blessed and is going to make life for his folks better, and harder, and more beautiful and imaginative, and exhausting and pleasurable, and messier and more solid, and mean more than anything else that has come before him.  Sebastien, you are already a bright star.

No comments:

Post a Comment