Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Team Price

It's weird how fall means that I spend much of my time as a single mother.  Aaron works 15-18 hour days, seven days a week, some night not even making it home at all.  He works for a company that makes high end aluminum hulled boats for clients like the military, coast guard, and the FDNY (yeah, I'm a little proud of him and his work).  His work hits proposal season and is super busy drafting new boats and proposals to win bids for the newest requests worth a lot of money.  More than that I don't care to tell, suffice it to say very busy.

Now, this is interesting because it actually alters my relationship with Jude for a few months out of the year.  Naturally he doesn't like that Papa is gone so much.  In fact, it is a direct cause of his acting out more this time of year.  He becomes harder to handle, especially for Aaron, because he takes his anger out on him.  For me it means he may be a bit more pouty but due to our general relationship he still minds me.  On the other end of that is that him and I become a team.  It becomes Jude and I against the world!  We try to make boring things fun.  We try to go on adventures and try new things together.  And I can usually talk him out of the grumps by reminding him that this won't last but while it does him and I need to work together to make it through.  With this fall I'm in classes, which makes things a bit trickier, and I can tell you I will not be attempting classes in the fall again.  I'll stick to Winter and Spring quarters, or one class in the fall maybe.

Anyway, I digress.

Tomorrow him and I will hop the bus and head to the Tacoma Art Museum for a change of scene, and maybe stop at some cafe down town for a snack.  We'll enjoy some art and get some exercise and just spend time being Mama and Jude, Team Price, in search of adventure and knowledge and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment