Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2011

American Dreams

Man, I HATE how life and it's necessities can create such painful circumstances.  Watching Jude go through the denial of his fathers time because of work... it makes me want to find a way to move overseas.  To create a life in a country where work isn't everything.

Today while playing at the park, in the middle of all the fun and play... Jude runs over to a platform, sits himself down, and frowns.  I walk over, squat down in front of him and before I can even ask what's wrong he tells me "I miss Papa."

...

God that broke my heart.

Why?  Why do we live to work?  To make money?  To need THINGS?  Other countries aren't nearly as product driven as we are.  They live to enjoy life, which centers on their families and their time with them, not on the cars they drive, the clothes they wear, the movies, the stuff... the crap we accumulate.

I dream of a life in Tuscany... working the land and living with my family and the enjoyment of a life together... I hate the American Dream.  I really fucking do.  It's such a shallow, stupid dream... *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I totally relate to this. In order for my husband to get us good medical insurance, he signed up to do the Air Force Reserves. That then took him away from us for 10 months. Its a vicious cycle we all cannot get out of. And it is heartbreaking for us to see our children have to live through it =(

    ReplyDelete