Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

Holy Super Cake Pop Maker!

A brief respite from parenting woes.

I made cake-pops for a friends kids birthday party (three kiddos, one party).  I learned some very important lessons this time around.  1) Overheated Chocolate doesn't look like what you would think it does so it's hard to know what it is if you've never come across it before.  I now know how to spot and fix it.  2) if you leave the cake-pops in the freezer for too long and you don't coat them the min they come out, they will start to "sweat" which in turn will "seize" your chocolate.  You can not save "seized" chocolate.  You must either live with it being speckled or trash it and start over.  3) Pretty sure I don't want to make two batches at the same time ever again.  I may change my mind about that at a later date, but right now, not happening.

I made owls again... although they fought me and were where I learned my hard lessons so there weren't as many.  I also made Monkey's, which turned out great!

Regular ones.
 I gave two of them mow-hawks for the Birthday boys.
I also did simple ones with sprinkles to fill out the batch.  You can spot the owl with the bow that was made for the Birthday girl :)

It's okay, you can admit it, you have cake-pop envy, huh?  I hear there are support groups that can help you with that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment