Total Pageviews

Friday, June 1, 2012

Dress Detail

I just realized I never posted this!




While on Pinterest I saw a photo of a woman's wedding dress on which she'd stitched a heart made out of her fathers old work shirt.  I fell in love with the idea and wanted to customize my own wedding dress.  I decided on stealing a small piece of the edging on my son's blanket:


That blanket.  It's so loved it's pretty ratty now anyway so he wasn't going to miss a little piece and I stitched it up pretty good after I pilfered.  My little piece was cut into a heart and edged it in clear nail-polish to prevent it from fraying... but as I was looking at it I wanted more.  It was a pretty pale blue (it's been washed a lot) and I wanted it to stand out a little more. I decided to add Aaron and I's initials and the date of our elopement.  I backed it with some iron on batting then gently stitched it on to the back of my dress.  Done and done!  I love it because it included our son in a way that was unique to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment