Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jude Update

Jude is now walking around singing his vowels, "A E I O U!" very loud and forcefully.  I'm not sure if he really understands what they are yet, but he sure as hell can repeat them... over, and over, and over again.

What else is new in Judeland?  100% potty trained.  Well, he really has been since about the end of August, but he still would ask to sleep in pull-ups even though he was waking up dry.  It was more of a comfort thing for him I think.  Anyway, we recently ran out and decided to just let it go.  Jude asked where his pull-up was and we just told they were all gone, but that he didn't need them, and that was that.  No accidents, not at night, not during the day.  He was ridiculously easy to potty train and I'm grateful for that.

He just keeps adding to his vocabulary, and with fantastically big words and complex thought.  For example the other day he told me that "they made a commotion."  Not they're noisy, or were loud, nope, they made a commotion.  He has also started using appreciate instead of just thank you.  So he'll tell me, "I appreciate it."  I know that he gets that one from me because I tell him that all the time.  The commotion one... not sure where he picked that one up though.  He's a huge story teller and now sets the scene for you.  He'll tell you "I'm going to tell you a story; it's about Spiderman, and Dr. Octopus and Sandman."  Or something like that.  He does the same with songs.  He'll grab his guitar and tell you "this song is about a mama bear, papa bear, and baby bear." and then proceed to play his guitar and sing for you.  And no, he doesn't actually know how to play the guitar, he just pretends.  Oh, on that note though, the other day while I was attempting to get him dressed and he didn't really want to I asked him why not?  His reply?  "Because I'm a rockstar!"  He said it in this tone that was like saying "isn't that cool?!?!" not with a bratty tone, so I had to just laugh.  You can't get mad at that.  Still made him get dressed though ;)

He's making more headway with his letters.  He's not creating words yet, but he's able to write more letters now.  He's so into drawing though that most of the times we try to practice is just leads to art in general.  I can't complain, I love that he loves to color and draw and paint.  Which does mean he's got his colors down, and is even starting to learn how some colors make other ones, which is pretty neat.  He has an artists soul... with a super logical brain, lol.  You can reason with him like he's years older than three.  I love that, it makes my life far more easy.  And you can show him how to do something once or twice and he's got it.  He's smarter than me and Aaron both.

He's such a great little dude too.  Seriously.  He has him moments, and the threes are definitely harder than the twos, but all it takes is being around a group of other kids to remind me that Jude is exceptional.  We really lucked out and I can't imagine having any other little mister as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment