Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Growing Pains


See that?  Yeah, that right there is making my ovaries ache.  Well, Dylan and Alana started it; going and making a super cute little boy at the same time I'm starting to miss the baby stage of things.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the stage Jude is in now too.  I love the talking, the goofiness, the independence, the sleeping through the night (but still for like 12 hours).  I love watching his character continue to develop (I'm kind of expecting a class clown out of this one) and seeing the direction those personality traits are taking.  He's great company and can be just the biggest love and yet the goofiest little fellow.  BUT

Yeah, I miss the baby too.  I miss the tiny little fingers and toes.  I miss the wonder.  I miss the gentle coos (Jude was a talker even then).  I remember just that overwhelming sense of being connected to everything having a baby brings.  It's such a bittersweet thing, having a baby.  You want them to grow, to learn, to progress, and you're super excited by every new development.  But you also want to keep them babies forever...

Anyway, even if we do have another one (IF, this is by no means something decided) it will be another two years until we make that final.  We want a gap, and no amount of "Oh, but they need to be close in age so they can play with each other!" will change our minds.  Really?  There is NO guarantee that your kids will even like one another regardless of the age difference.  I think that's one of the silliest excuses for having babies back to back.  I'm all about the age gap being large enough to have one in school before the other is born.  Poo poo all you want, but frankly, I need a break.

In the mean time.  Let's just look at the cuteness that has been and "awwww" over it while we wait it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment