Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cake Pops!

I am super excited about Jude's birthday this year (don't scoff, I don't care if it's still five months away, I'm a planner).  The main reason?  I have learned how to make Cake Pops!  If you have not discovered the wonder of Cake Pops you are denying yourself.  They are not hard to make, although certain aspects of them do take perfecting, and they're not expensive... unless you go crazy with all the different decorations/sprinkles/themes you can do.  The possibilities are SO much fun.  And one "pop" replaces the need for a whole cupcake... trust me... they're rich, you will not need more than one per person.  One cake mix = 40-50 pops (more if you make them on the small side).  Also their size means you don't need a huge table to hold all the goodness.

I made my first batch today.  I chose chocolate cake and chocolate icing... I figured it was safest.  My only regret with that is the darker cake mixed with the lighter coating makes it easier to see imperfections in the coat.  I chose yellow candy coating, because I plan to make chicks for Easter now that I know I can do it.  It followed Miss Bakerella's recipe and magic happened.  I am absolutely in love with Cake Pops now.  Not only does one small pop replace a whole cupcake but the novelty of it all is way too much fun to pass up.  These little treats are the next thing in baking.  I can guarantee you that you'll see them at a min of one party in the next year (assuming you attend parties with wonderus baking confections at them).  I've only seen them on-line or at Starbucks (I was NOT purchasing coffee... because their's is SWILL) and I had this huge apprehension about doing them myself (because I doubt myself far too much, not because I'm ill equipped as a baker) but I dug in and did it.  These are my new party gift, supply, treat, awesome possumness, etc.

Cake Pops.  Google that shit.

And yes, this was my FIRST attempt.  The Virgo in me worked to my advantage in  the near perfection of these confections.  Oh, and I rock, so don't question me.


No comments:

Post a Comment