Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Best. Day. Ever!

Jude has started two new speech... thingies, I don't know what to call them.  Just things he does now verbally that crack me up.  The first he started a couple of weeks ago.  He had a little scratch on his cheek and I asked him where it came from.  His response?  "Things happen, Momma."  Yes, my son, things do, indeed, happen.  Now he says that any time he doesn't really have an answer, "Things happen."  Out of the mouth of babes my friends.  Things happen.  I think we need that on a shirt for him or something.  A button maybe.

The second is simply adding the word 'ever' after things.  It started with the movie Tangled, at least from what I can tell.  While Rapunzel is having her bi-polar meltdown after leaving her tower, she swings around a tree by her amazingly shiny clean hair screaming "best day ever!" and Jude says that when he's really happy about something (like while jumping around in a bounce house at a party).  That's cute in and of itself, but it's more impressive to me that he grasped the words meaning and can now apply it for emphasis appropriately.  So if I ask him to stop doing something... "Can't stop, ever."  Or if I tell him it's time to get out of the shower... "No out, ever."  And yes, there is sometimes a nice pause before the 'ever' part of it.  Two is a fun age, that's for sure.  Fun and funny.

"No go inside.... ever."

2 comments:

  1. I looooove the speech development part of kids. It never gets old to me! The other day I heard Kadence telling Ethan "Oh stop it Ethan, its not that serious" LMAO! And I love that part of Tangled too...Jude has good tastes in scenes to mimic haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally picture K doing that too. Man, I still would love to have a little girl.

    ReplyDelete